Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And the winner is...

Hooray! A skein of KP worsted is enough for a pair of decent sized socks! And just in time.


Handpainted sock goodness is best!

I adore these socks. First, they took a week from cast-on to cast-off. Can't beat that. Second, the color just amuses me to no end. Look at the blue- it's like the sky in winter. Look at the pink- it's like the tulips bursting out of the ground. And they are both bright and lively together and alone. Squeee! Third, I love them because they are soft, squishy and are on my feet and not on my needles. Socks are best!

Now, I'm back in the doom and gloom Opal socks. Sigh. Back to teeny needles (okay, size 2's) and lots of stitches in stockinette. But I'm almost near enough (like an inch) from parting for the heels, so at least I can feel like the worst is over soon. Then it's the long, long process of the legs. Knitting the legs of a sock is akin to running on the treadmill- I know it's good for me, it's somewhat pleasurable doing it, but it feels so much better when it's done.

One Project Spectrum FO down. Anyone else have one yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Your socks look so happy and bright! They must be very comfy.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home