Tuesday, November 07, 2006

KMKS Questionnaire

Hey swap pal! Here's my questionnaire....I haven't heard from you yet by email. If you have already emailed me, try it again! I'll check my spam filter in the meantime.


Are you allergic to any fibers?
Nope! I am fiber-friendly on all animals.

What are your favorite colors?
Anything from the "cool" spectrum- blue being first. Then greens, purples, greys, etc. I also like pink and maroon reds. Green and Yellow are my favorite college team colors (Go Ducks!) I abhor halloween orange.

Are you a new mitt knitter?
I've been knitting for about a year or so now. I'm about an advanced beginner. I can do a lot of more advanced things, I'm sure. But I haven't tried yet.

How long have you been knitting mittens?
Pretty much never! Socks, hats, sweaters, yes. But no mittens! Which is in direct violation of my Warm Hands knitalong pledge!

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Actually, either. I just love pretty yarn, period.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
I love soft, sturdy yarns. Some of my favorite mittens are the big, oversized, bulky ones that you get at street fairs here. I think they are maybe Nepalese, or something like that. Also, I really prefer something close to superwash fiber- nothing upsets me more than wet hands!

Where do you usually knit mittens?
I envision knitting where I knit my socks- either on the couch in the breakroom at work, or my couch at home.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
I shove it into the messenger bag I carry at work, then put it in my mailbox when I get there. I had a lovely bag made for me by another swapper, but I've literally overused it. It's a fiber bag now.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?
Fair isle or intarsia! I love happy, colorful patterns on winter knits.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
I use 2 circs for knitting socks, so I think I'll just keep on with that. No DPNs, please!

What new techniques would you like to try?
Fair isle or intarsia. I actually purchased a mitten pattern recently, but they were too big! I have tiny, child sized hands.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
I love bamboo needles. But I'm not opposed to Addis. I've been dying to try out the new Knitpicks needles.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Too many to list! Blue Moon Socks that Rock, Louisa Harding yarns, Fleece Artist merino, Cascade 220, Patons Kroy, Debbie Bliss, anything with alpaca.... if it's soft, pretty and reasonably priced, it's in my yarn stash. However, I'm no yarn snob- there's a fair amount of Knitpicks in my stash, and a lot of the good stuff was purchased on sale. I even have used and liked acrylics *gasp*

What yarn do you totally covet?
I have never felt the Lorna's Laces. My LYS doesn't carry it, unfortunately. Why?! Also, the Debbie Bliss silk yarn, for the same reason as above. It looks gorgeous. Oh, and any of Scout or Sundara's yarns. I'm not quick enough to get the good ones when they come out.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Hmm. A sweater made of some rediculously expensive yarn. Any pattern, just some yarn I'd never buy on my own.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Circular needles! Bamboo or addi-type metals. Aluminum ones are too harsh.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
A variegated worsted-weight, with a bit of tencel thrown in, for shine. Something to make your standard cable scarf pattern shine.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?What’s your favorite animal?
Haribo gummy bears! They're from Europe. And before you get really anxious, they sell them at my local Wal-Mart, Michaels, and Cost Plus World Market. My favorite animal is a dog, hands down. Preferably a hound- I love those ears!

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
Mittens! Fingerless mitts are all over the internet, but a great mitten pattern is totally worth it.

If you were a color what color would you be?
Cerulean Blue, from the crayola crayon box. The perfect blend of cyan, royal and navy blues.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
That's a hard one. I'm a Libra, so everything is considered inspiring to me at some point. I've been especially inspired by Martha Stewart's Holiday magazine lately. I've never wanted to make soap, candles or bath fizzies in my life before this week! I'm in a way crafty period this fall. Also, I love the pictures on January One's blog. Every time you refresh it, the pictures change. Finally, I'm a sucker for Van Gogh paintings. Starry Night is my favorite.

Do you have a wishlist?
Nope! Just a "someday" list in my head.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
That's about it. I can't wait secret pal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home