Thursday, June 28, 2007

A fun quick meme

I found this while reading Shut Up and Knit's blog. Simply hit up Wikipedia for your birthday, minus the year, and enter three events, two births and a holiday. Let's fire 'er up:

Events:
  • The Gregorian calendar is invented and this specific day no longer existed in 1542 in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain. Damn! Ironically, at the top of the page, there is a note that it is the 284th day in the Gregorian Calendar. Apparently, something changed?
  • In 1950, the FCC issued it's first color television license to CBS.
  • NASA launched the first successful Apollo 7 program in 1968. It would be the first successful manned Apollo program.

Births:

  • 1884, Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady.
  • 1989, Michelle Wie, golfing star.

Holiday:

  • No holidays listed! But National Coming Out Day (US) usually falls on my birthday, and occassionally Columbus Day (US) does as well.

Work is stagnant on the socks, in favor of nearly finishing a sweater instead. If I could just finish the black hole knititng on the collar, I'd be done, done, done! The socks are in time-out for pissing me off while starting the first blocks for the entrelac starter squares. I may forgo Eunny's instructions in the IK and use the instructions for the Lady Ene entrelac instead. We'll see. I also purchased lots of stash-enhancing STR at the Black Sheep this weekend, so I have a lot of pretties to choose from for my next sock project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home