Saturday, May 13, 2006

F is for FO

Okay, a day late and a dollar short, but here she is!


Blowing in the wind


Birkenstock for scale


Look at those colors!

Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn: Louisa Harding Impression, 3 balls

I love this FO! It's certainly had it's ups and downs making it. The yarn is ribbon, with a nylon thread and a mohair all plied together. Frustrating, as it catches on everything you can imagine. But the colors! Purples, blues, pinks, yellows...and it shitnes in the light. When you hold the ball of it, you can't give it up. It's that soft. However, it does give up a bit of that softness when knitted up; more sensitive people may have a hard time wearing this next to their skin. It's warm! I wore it last night while watching tv and I was quite snuggled up.

I've had this yarn sitting in my stash since January. It was purchased with the help of a gift certificate from a good friend for Christmas. I still have four balls of it left; I don't know what I'll do with it. There's a pattern in the Louisa Harding book for gloves; a hat might be interesting, too. Since it's a ribbon yarn, I don't think it would hurt making something like a small purse or bag- it's not going to stretch much.

Progress is going well on the yellow laceweight. I've decided on the Box Lace Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls. It's going to be a might smaller than the one in the book (I only have about 880 yards, unless I find more stash), but that's okay. The pattern is really cute so far:

Little needles and little YO's

And look how well the dyed laceweight turned out! The color is uneven, so it's variegated and oh-so-pretty. It's my favorite dyed yarn so far:


A little late for PS yellow

The shawl is kind of a handful on its own, it won't make for good breaktime knitting at work. So I'm going to get started on some more socks. Socks are excellent breaktime knitting. And then I found a KAL that sealed it:



And I just so have some Trekking XXL to use. Colorway...I'll get back to you when I find the label. I did take a picture of it though:



Finally, wish Casey a speedy recovery from what has been a nasty case of the stomach flu or food poisoning. Four pounds lost in 24 hours- whew! You know he's sick when he doesn't feel like playing his favorite video game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home