Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Solid like a bone?

Hello world!

It's 0351 hrs and I'm not at work for the first time this week! YAY! Fourteen hours a day is just too much for anyone, much less multiple times each week! Next week I have new dispatch training AND then there are 16 hour holdovers EVERY DAY. Multiple people will be held over. There will be cussing, growling and a general displeasure of everything related to the public. Arr.

After perusing January One, I found a fun new KAL that anyone can do:

What is it you ask? Well, it seems there is a fellow associated knitblogger down! A Mr. Knitblogger, to be exact. He is especially slow going at trying to re-grow some bone structure. As you may already know, bone structure is important to pretty much everything. So, not one to not join a crowd (ooh, double negative!), I'm joining this one too. What do you do? Simply knit away, thinking good, calcium-driven, hard-structred bone thoughts so Mr. Etherknitter can get back to whatever it is he does. Knit on, my friends! Knit on!

And hey, I got my secret dye-o-rama pal yesterday! She's pretty cool. And waaaay across the country! I feel so secretive, I can't say whom it is. *sad* There's been a lot of issues with the tech support for the dye-o-rama team, but I can safely say I have escaped pretty much all of it. Hooray! And major props to a team that's gone above and beyond what is considered the "call of duty" for this KAL.

And for my dye-o-rama pal- my favorite color is blue, but I also love red, purple, green and white. I'm a Libra, so I love pretty much anything classifed as "pretty". Self-striping or not, it doesn't matter to me. I'm also a Project Spectrum gal (the page for it seems to be broken now, sorry!). My favorite college team is the Fighting Ducks, but not necessarily the "neon" yellow color Nike invented for us. And I pretty much detest orange in its purest halloween colored form. I love dogs, but that's probably not yarn related. No allergies, but I really detest cigarette smoke. And, I'm a total dyeing n00b, so don't feel like you have to produce the Taj Mahal of yarns; I just like a good, soft, pretty colorway to knit with. And, most of all, THANK YOU! I can't wait to find out who you are!

Hmm. Anything else? I'm almost finished with the straight repeats for the clapotis in Louisa Harding. It's in my mailbox at work, so no pictures. Use your imagination, I guess :) I like it, it's what I wanted, but I'm ready to be done with it. Bring on the decreases! I still have like four balls of the stuff, who knows what that is going to be. I have this idea that I could use it for the fiery bolero from IK, but I don't know if I want to wear the stuff right next to my skin. And gauge, etc. Oh, and I felt up the dried and dyed yellow laceweight. Some spots are very bright next to others. But the colors are splotchy over all the strings in the area, so it will work out well, I think, overall. And the mohair will cover it as well. However the yarn has this definite feeling to it, like it's a bulky laceweight? Somehow thicker than what it should feel like. It feels....sturdy. You can almost feel the twist to it. I guess you get what you paid for. We'll see how it knits up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home