Wednesday, June 28, 2006

In which I confess...

Did you just hear that? Just now? What was that?



Oh, I see. You found the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth at the fair, did you? Well, let me see the damage.



Good lord! Three skeins of socks that rock lightweight? Two skeins of bamboo yarn? How much did that run you? I didn't even know they made other types of yarn....wait, you're in trouble here. You do realize that rent is coming up, right? And your car is in need of repair. And there are children starving in Africa. Angelina Jolie's gonna have your ass. And..what's this?



That appears to be 1,250 yards of 100% silk laceweight yarn, shining valiantly in the shade, no less. Are you aware there is a name for people like this? Yarn Hoarder, that's what you are! With proper medication and time in counseling, your addiction can be cured. What? You say you don't need a cure, and you have plans to use it all. Uh huh. That's what they all say. Then, three months later, do you know what happens to it? It goes in the stash! That naughty place where yarn binges go when you realize you can't knit it all. Two years from now, this yarn will be sitting, unused and unloved, not even wound in a ball. Use it all my ass.

My dear, I hope you have said your prayers twice tonight. Because you certainly have sinned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Saffron said...

I love the term "Yarn Hoarder!" But the skein 'tis beautiful and shimmery. :)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home